XtremeMind.com Forum Index XtremeMind.com
Make YOUR life magic!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you study?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Product Image

View previous topic  Bookmark this page to Delicious Bookmark this page to co.mments Bookmark this page to Digg Bookmark this page to Blogmarks Bookmark this page to Blinklist Bookmark this page to Feed Me Links Bookmark this page to Furl Bookmark this page to linkaGoGo Bookmark this page to Reddit Bookmark this page to Shadows Bookmark this page to Smarking Bookmark this page to Simpy Bookmark this page to Technorati Bookmark this page to Spurl Bookmark this page to Yahoo! Bookmark this page to Google View next topic 
i2wisdom

Anyone tried Z Health Performance Solutions?
Keys to Visualization Practice
Liao Fan's Four Lessons
Nuggets for Practice
What do you see from this photo?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: How do you study? Reply with quote

What is your preferred strategy/techniques for studying?

Specifically, leading to accomplishment of exams and high performance at work?

SpeedReading?
PhotoReading?
Mnemonics?
Mind Maps?
NLP?
Combos?

Thanks.

cast spells

Lin Kuei

Dowsing Request
MAP: The Co-Creative White Brotherhood Medical...
DNA Demystified by Kishori Aird
13th Zodiac Signs
All things Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I study:

1. I first ground myself

2. Channel the essence (similar to Einstein Factor or Mirror someone knowledgeable) of what it is I want to learn....While listening brainwave at 6hz.

3. I anchor the state

4. Stretch/exercise eye muscles

5. Pre-read the material or flip through to get a feel for the book...

6. Photo-read

7. Speed-read

8. Allow time to absorb.

9. Consciously and Unconsciously apply "Mega Memory" by Kevin Treadeau

10. Trust you concisously and unconscioustly learned something

11: Next day.... Quick review, Quick activation (from photo-read), Quicky Speed Read

Note: I take breaks every 30 minutes, rest and cover my eyes with the palms of my hand for 5 mintues....Know what study environment you study best in (a study environment best resembling the test taking environment is best)....

During my last semester of college, I got severely ill, and missed 1/3 of the semester (in several Required courses), during the week of finals - I had to makeup several exams and still take the finals....This study routine saved my life....I'm glad I took the time to study all those listed above.....In general, my grades also improved....
i2wisdom

Anyone tried Z Health Performance Solutions?
Keys to Visualization Practice
Liao Fan's Four Lessons
Nuggets for Practice
What do you see from this photo?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. I first ground myself

I practise something similar : 3rd eye centering by Samuel Sagan (Clairvision)

Quote:
2. Channel the essence (similar to Einstein Factor or Mirror someone knowledgeable) of what it is I want to learn....While listening brainwave at 6hz.

I didn't learn the Einstein Factor (don't have the books, would you please recommend some?). I use XtremeMind's Accelerated Learning CD from EP3, it's an alpha wave track. Produces a calming effect & bring me a peaceful, non-lethargic state when I'm drowsy.

Quote:
3. I anchor the state
4. Stretch/exercise eye muscles

You got to teach me this one!

Quote:
5. Pre-read the material or flip through to get a feel for the book...
6. Photo-read
7. Speed-read
8. Allow time to absorb.
9. Consciously and Unconsciously apply "Mega Memory" by Kevin Treadeau

I use Mind Maps (from Tony Buzan, Inegmar Svantesson etc) to summarize what I read with keywords & associations, plus memory techniques from Dominic O'brien. No special reading methods though. Do they work? Please recommend your speed-reading books.

Quote:
10. Trust you concisously and unconscioustly learned something
11: Next day.... Quick review, Quick activation (from photo-read), Quicky Speed Read

I re-draw the Mind Maps & practise the technical experiments to reinforce understanding (I.T. subjects).

You're one of the few who seem to be successful with Photoreading. I read the book & practised only the basics (tangerine method). It does seem to work, on & off.

Quote:
The ebooks I have :

1971 Speed Memory - Tony Buzan
1986 Use Your Memory - Tony Buzan
1988 Super Creativity - Tony Buzan
1994 The Mind Map Book - Tony Buzan
2004 Learning Maps and Memory Skills, 2nd Edition - Inegmar Svantesson
1993 How To Develop A Perfect Memory - Dominic O'Brien
How to Develop A Super-Power Memory - Harry Lorayne
The PhotoReading Whole Mind System - Paul Scheele

The Mind Maps are a good find. They totally re-invent my notes-taking. I use it for studying, planning my work, etc, almost everything now. It's the "note-making" experience that reinforces association & understanding.

Still haven't found a suitable reading method & memory technique for technical subjects.

I sleep at 6pm, wake up at 12 midnight, study till 8am & work at 9am. Sleep immediately after I come back from work. It's a 18 hour cycle!

Thanks.
Lin Kuei

Dowsing Request
13th Zodiac Signs
All things Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Einstein Factor, I heard good things about it but I never follow though the whole exercises....Mirroring is a better exercise....or even better, you know psychic seduction, where you become the person in everyway, do that, but with Einstein or your teacher or who ever you need......

The eye exercise I learn was from both EyeQ (speedreading software) and from chinese tradition....You start by rolling your eye's counter-clockwise 7 times, then clockwise 7 times....diagnally....moving the eyes tracing a figure 8, then in an infinite symbol......move your eyes back and forth horizontally really fast...do the same vertically....rub palms together and cover the eyes for a few minutes but not touching.....Most people have weak eye mucsles --> bad eye sight, and they find it difficult/painful to do the exercise, so if you do it - take it easy....start small ie. small cicles, figure 8 etc, gradually work your way to almost full vision size....

Speed-reading is worth the investment...I like the EyeQ software...Evelyn woords 7 day speed-reading book is good....but basically they're all the same....Photoreading not as good as it sounds, but it does allow you to get the gist of what your reading (which is good if you don't have a lot of time), speed-reading reinforces what you photoread......The tangerine exercise works good for me....

Any memory work is worth the investment....memory books are all the same (I read a lot of them including Harry Lorayne book) but I find Kevin Tredeau "Mega Memory" format to be the best and the price should be cheap....

Sleep is essential for memory.....I avoid it when possible but cyclic sleep pattern works well particulary during finals week (study 2-4 hours, sleep 30-60 minutes, and then repeat, the time varies depending on your scheduel of course).....

***The thing I learned about speed-reading is that you have to work at maintaining it, you never lose it permanently (it's like riding a bike), also it takes a few mintues to warm-up to a good reading speed....so don't get discourage if your slow in the beginning....
Lin Kuei

Dowsing Request
13th Zodiac Signs
All things Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simpe exercise for speed-reading is to hum/say a mantra/ or affirmation while trying to read as fast as you can with comprehension at the same time....once you get a hang of it, you can eventually stop the humming etc....It's almost like doing a meditation and reading at the same time.....
cobain

So I've been on HYIP for awhile
Clorophyll miracle cure
eminent backlink pyramid
With regards to the Catholic Church
Create an impact

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get into the zone. the paralminals from LSC or Accelerated learning from xtrememind do this for me.

Then I read fast- really fast without analyzing or criticizing the material.

It helps before doing a major presentation.

Then I do rapid mind mapping to get a data dump.

Then I cluster the related data into cores.

Then it's at this point I engage my left brain and start making a structured paper/reviewer/report out of the information store.

Never failed!

I choose CHOICE

Remote Influence Masterclass

elroy

Seawater to ENERGY
Solid Principles To Make it BIG
Dressing = More Women
heard whispers on Karls new project
AVC with Mother: Kills Psoriasis

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good method I learned from Photoreading is to let your eyes skim the lines of a book, focusing onc clusters of words at a time AND NEVER GOING BACK.

The problem with most people is they hover over phrases they didn't understand, over and over again. This confuses the mind and slows down the learning process.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lin Kuei

Dowsing Request
13th Zodiac Signs
All things Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These techniques seems like it's worth trying...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W9oPb9bAoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Zf6v27_U8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W823r4a7UPY
Böng

[idea]"Vortex" empowered Orgonegenerator
thoughs on "Trend-/Targetbox"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those who don't like youtube i've summarised tehm for me:

Tech one:
make scrolls out of textbooks (but it's cheaper to use photocopies to make them Wink)
----------
tech two:
turn book upside down - skim through it rapidly - look at the spine (no words)
in 8 positions (down left to upper right, without doingi t right infront of your face)
---------
tech three:
hand book ontop of your palms facing face
book ontop of that
close eyes
build up chi behind eyelids
blink into the middel of the two pages
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
- Albert Einstein
johnrice

Elderpryl and Stablon
Be wary who you hire at vworker.com
Feel Happy with Smiley!
He made $1707 with a JU99?!
Wealth and Swishing the Frame

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do enlighten me old friend how reading a book upside down with my grade 800 specs will speed up my slower-than-molasses reading

Very Happy
Boston, MA 02163
http://search.harvard.edu:8765/
PleiadianHealer

Is the ultimate FREE ENERGY device finally here?
A healing gift for Valentines Day!
How to detoxify your third-eye
A gift from Rene Hamilton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnrice,
I just realized with your Ph.D you would be a wonderful candidate to judge how a chi gen or or rad box or some other pendant would work with enhancing a person's I.Q. or maybe even scoring higher on tests. Have you ever though to combine your acedemic experience with your radionic experience and try to come up with something?

PH
The most valuable skill or talent that you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want—to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want—and then giving your undivided attention to that. There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide. ---Abraham
Magitech

Russian style martial arts
UltraRad Imagine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I study, and it does not necessarily require any NLP or magical system.

First I find a quiet environment.. that also means an area where it is comfortable as well. Then I relax and take deep breathes or whatever.

1) pre-read to get a feel for the material
2) go back over it with a high lighter.
3) Memorization with repetition and say key points of the material out loud to myself as I visualize what I am thinking about.

4) Flash cards.

5) May need a partner for flash cards

6) If there is a 3rd partner or more for a study group.. We hold a competitive game to see who can get the most answers correct.

The point of this is to make learning fun... when you are actually more interested or "emotionally" involved with the material its easier to remember it.

7) Study with a girl and play a game that scores when you get the right answers.

Remote Influence Masterclass

Böng

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnrice: watch the video it isn't reading its looking into the bookwhile flipping the pages ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Zf6v27_U8
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
- Albert Einstein
Vortex

Spell based radionics
Build your own Shiva ...
Your own devices ...
Mobius coils
Atlantean technology?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use any fancy techniques, but I find that the answer is: making mistakes. But what does that mean?

It means that I do the usual: skim the material, thumb through it, etc. Next I just read the material (semi fast reading), not really study it in depth.
Next people usually will study it in depth. Instead, I gather practice exams, practice questions, etc. Anything that is a challenge. I try to answer the questions. Since you have not really studied the material you will get a lot of them wrong. Now this is the trick, at least for me. I hate getting stuff wrong, so in this annoyed and thus highly motivated state I lookup the subject of the question and study it in depth, which now takes far less time then when you study it "because you have to", hoping to prove I was right after all Laughing

In fact studying with a question or goal in mind makes it easier and more efficient. Your mind is in more of an analytical mode, instead of this linear intaking of dry facts. You can do this in groups of course, but I never got the hang of that, too slow for me.

Not sure if this is a recommend practice, but it got me my masters degree without failing a single exam Wink
Böng

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting blog articles about learning:
http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/2007/03/25/how-to-ace-your-finals-without-studying/
http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/2007/03/29/studying-and-holistic-learning/
- Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XtremeMind.com Forum Index -> Work All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: