XtremeMind.com Forum Index XtremeMind.com
Make YOUR life magic!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good grades and fighting procrastination
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Product Image

View previous topic  Bookmark this page to Delicious Bookmark this page to co.mments Bookmark this page to Digg Bookmark this page to Blogmarks Bookmark this page to Blinklist Bookmark this page to Feed Me Links Bookmark this page to Furl Bookmark this page to linkaGoGo Bookmark this page to Reddit Bookmark this page to Shadows Bookmark this page to Smarking Bookmark this page to Simpy Bookmark this page to Technorati Bookmark this page to Spurl Bookmark this page to Yahoo! Bookmark this page to Google View next topic 
Don Piñata Sound

Secrets of Manifestation
Good grades and fighting procrastination
URADX bites the dust!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Good grades and fighting procrastination Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
I am pretty much screwing it up in college, even if I work hard for my exams, but on examination day I just cannot focus right.
I suffer from a high degree of procrastination and this is of course the most important unsuccess factor.
Then having good grades depends on many things. I know people who literally burn their eyelids out reading books and also others who just do not do much and get good grades, though.

So, could anyone suggest me a good product for improving my grades and for "killing" procrastination?
I have used the X2 for studying, but I guess it was kind of late for starting using it (1 day before the exam Laughing ) and I really do not want to think that I cannot pass any exam in this f***ing college even using such powerful devices.

Fact is, I have got to do 10 Shocked exams next semester for catching up with my other fellows, now that is gonna be fun!

Help would be appreciated!
fiddler2068

Python V2, Minimax, and Black Mamba
New Version Python for sale at significant discount
Minimax Good for back pain
backlash?
White light when I close my eyes???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ,

I hate to say this but there are no shortcuts. Be organised, that is a huge key. You can start to study and everything is where you need it to be.

Go to the library where there are no distractions. If you stay home you will wander around, get a drink, check your email, etc.

The way that I stopped procrastinating in my schoolwork was that one day I sat down and decided that I wasn't going to procrastinate anymore. Made a promise to myself and got to it.

If you cram for exams you are gonna do bad. No 2 ways about it. The material is meant to be learned as you go along. When you study for tests it should be review. The 3rd or 4th time you've seen the material. There will be no pressure and you will do well and get a good night sleep.

good luck

fiddler
elroy

Seawater to ENERGY
Solid Principles To Make it BIG
Dressing = More Women
heard whispers on Karls new project
AVC with Mother: Kills Psoriasis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick up a good book on Memory. With the proper memory aids like Linking and Metaphoring, you'll retain much of the information you absorb.

Google "Harry Lorayne". He wrote some of the best books on the subject.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
brasileiro

none here, edited

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read: The War of Art
by Steven Pressfield

A good book on procrastination
coffeeclub

Pope benedict's comment

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it one of those very funny books, like UnderCover Economist, Freakonomics and A Mathematician Plays Stocks?
Free Soul

graduation speech & NLP
chakra balancing & inner game?
hearing problems & brainwave generator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still relevant my friend? Wink

What helped me to get my work done in college is to find passion in what you're doing. Yeah, i know, sounds cliché Laughing
But it really works, even with really sh*tty subjects. Just visualize yourself loving those statistics books or whatever you have to learn.
What also helps is finding other people and concincing them to do the same...That way you'll create a little army of motivated friends. Learning within a group can be very effective.

For the day of the test: I usually start 2 weeks before that day with visualising the best case scenario: I walk inside the room, confident and concentrated. The questions are easily answered, and later on I talk with my friends how easy it was. That's the scenario that goes on in my mind.

Effects of this are, that your intuition tells you what to learn, at least, that happened in my case. Altough I learned maybe 25% of the stuff, that other people read, I still managed to get through all my courses, cause I "coincidentially" (everyone in here should know that coincidences don't exist Wink Cool )learned exactly the right stuff. Cool

Manifestation Masterclass and Wealth Masterclass MP4 Recording Now Available

Masterclass Recording

Manifestation Masterclass and Wealth Masterclass MP4 Recording Now Available

Guest1

Dropbox
cybershaman 8 on windows 7
Review of Jack Greenwood's The Ultimate Power
Higher Balance Institute
androtics direct

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferocious resolve definitely h elps
PrezBush

Expedition 1000
Neurophone For Sale!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try New Behavior Generator. Learningstrategies.com
PleiadianHealer

Is the ultimate FREE ENERGY device finally here?
A healing gift for Valentines Day!
How to detoxify your third-eye
A gift from Rene Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far you got alot of good tips in this thread.

In addition to what's been said, take gingko biloba, the herb. It's been proven that college students who take this before a test do better. I wish I had known about this when I was in college, oh well, live and learn.

Also, intelligence, has to do in part with the frontal lobes of the brain. Also, psychic abilities seem to be located, to some extent, in this area too. So you might want to do what you can to increase the energy to your brain. One way to do this is to take naps with a small crystal on your forehead, but this is not something that will work overnight, you might have to do it for months before you see results.

You could also get a Silver Cosmic Bullet to up your chi, that might give you a big boost too.

Procrastination has to do with lack of energy, to some extent, so increasing your chi is a good idea.

PH
The most valuable skill or talent that you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want—to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want—and then giving your undivided attention to that. There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide. ---Abraham
cobain

So I've been on HYIP for awhile
Clorophyll miracle cure
eminent backlink pyramid
With regards to the Catholic Church
Create an impact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about stroking the amygdala? There's a website out there that talks about how activating the frontal lobes help with intelligence. Lateral thinking is activated; its great for analytical and memory endeavors

I choose CHOICE
PleiadianHealer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobain,
Yeah that would probably work, but most folks don't have the intent to stick with it long enough to get results.

Even in the book "The Einstein Factor", they have an exercise where you focus on your frontal lobes of the brain, but few people stick with it long enough to really raise their IQ. They say IF you can do it long enough, you're IQ is garanteed to go up something like 10 or 20 points.

PH
The most valuable skill or talent that you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want—to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want—and then giving your undivided attention to that. There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide. ---Abraham
tofucanyon

UFO ALIEN DISCLOSURE Canadian Minister of Defence May 2013
poltergeist
Dowsing request
Dowsing request
Vipassanna Meditation flowchart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobain wrote:
How about stroking the amygdala? There's a website out there that talks about how activating the frontal lobes help with intelligence. Lateral thinking is activated; its great for analytical and memory endeavors

hey have you got the url for this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

cast spells

Sphinx

Sphinx And Clearings
Sungazing Guru's Visit
Some Extra Energy Couldn't Hurt
Vanquisher Extreme(VX)- Comments/Suggestions-It's on the Way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tofucanyon wrote:
cobain wrote:

hey have you got the url for this?

http://www.neilslade.com/
Camerlengo

I use my Iphone to cast when my devices are home
Atlantis High Life
Virtualized drugs WORKS!
Karl's Going Big Time
$100 daily!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been clicking the amygdala for years now. Other than relaxation and a great mood, I never experienced enlightenment or an awakening of my great godly powers thru it.
PleiadianHealer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be something if the real reason so much attention has been put on the amygdala is to get people to NOT pay too much attention to their third-eye.

Just think if you spent years focusing on your third-eye, you would have had all the things that were promised to you from the amygdala exercises.

It does make you wonder.....

PH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XtremeMind.com Forum Index -> Work All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: